Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service boutique branding and communications agency located in Central PA. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to join our team, advance their career, and do their best work.
We are looking for an accounting professional to support the Company’s financial operations. This position will maintain an accurate general ledger, perform account reconciliations, and execute general bookkeeping functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and payroll. This role is also responsible for supporting basic human resource functions including benefits and retirement plan administration. Success in this role will measured through excellent communication skills, organizational ability, precise attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to embrace efficiency and automation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the accurate and timely entry of daily financial activities into the Company’s accounting software platform including credit card transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipts
- Contributes to the appropriate maintenance and integrity of the Company’s general ledger, and chart of accounts
- Assists with the Company’s monthly billing process
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements, credit card statements and petty cash
- Processes the Company’s bi-weekly payroll
- Performs basic human resource functions including health benefit plan administration, and employee personnel file maintenance
- Serves as the Company’s point-person for payroll, health benefits and vacation/PTO schedules
- Records and maintains accurate data into the Company’s project management software platform
- Assists with the Company’s recruitment efforts as needed
- Maintains an orderly accounting filing system
- Proven ability and commitment to work with sensitive information with utmost confidentiality
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Four years relevant work experience using accrual-basis accounting methods in a professional service environment
- Two years relevant work experience in payroll processing; benefit administration a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP; ability to ensure GAAP compliance
- Extensive working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software platform; bonus points for experience with QuickBooks Online
- Proven understanding of sales and use tax requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess the ability to be solution-oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possess the ability to create strong partnerships throughout the organization; promote a team culture of exceptional internal customer service and problem solving
- Willingness to learn new technology and support cross-functional team members on various projects
- Experience with automated accounting processes and HRMS systems a plus
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Gavin™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.