We’re looking for someone who is devoted to delivering the absolute best outcomes for our local, regional, and national clients; someone who has an ambitious mindset to help us do amazing work. This person will be hardworking, smart, responsive, have superior writing ability, national and local media relations experience and a desire to raise the bar always. Must be detailed oriented, able to remain calm during high stress situations, manage multiple projects and goals, and work under tight deadlines. We want someone that will add value to our team and has the ability to think critically.
This person should be fun, hard-working, smart, witty, never misses deadlines, juggles multiple tasks. This position has a great opportunity to grow with our company. We need the right team in place and are looking for team members who want to grow WITH us.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manages clients’ projects and client relations.
- Oversees public relations for various clients, including compiling, maintaining, and organizing all public relations materials for campaigns and events.
- Represent clients to various local, regional, national and trade media (active pitching, writing, media coordination, etc.).
- Builds relationships with various media for clients in various industries, including education, food, consumer packaged goods and building supply.
- Works with clients to identify new public relations and communications opportunities at local, regional, and national levels.
- Oversees media relations and manages pitch calendars and follow up with target media/bloggers.
- Guides clients through publicity events and media interviews, including developing speaking points and messaging under the supervision of senior staff.
- Copywriting, editing and proofing.
- Executes comprehensive social media initiatives for various clients.
- Develops unique campaigns and works with a creative department to leverage social media, social apps and engaging digital opportunities.
- Oversees junior staff in developing press releases, drafting campaign copy and developing reports as needed.
- Pulls monthly reports on client outcomes and campaign performance through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and various other tools.
- Review clips secured for clients and monthly reports on media coverage.
- Manages and tracks corporate approvals of advertising for clients, ensuring proper files are maintained and logged.
- Coordinates corporate advertising, marketing plan schedules and client meetings.
- Prepares team for presentations and organizes materials, including assisting with presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Contributes to weekly staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing required
- Three years of relevant work experience
- Proven media relations track record (locally and nationally)
- Agency experience preferred
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes…even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws related to discrimination. Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.