Who We Are
Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, manufacturing (B2B), government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Best Places to Work, Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice.
Our office is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Central Pennsylvania and Baltimore, Maryland with a supportive work-remote culture. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Public Relations Coordinator visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national media, inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies.
We encourage growth from within. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team. This position allows for upward mobility and advancement with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success
Your Role at Gavin
We’re looking for a Public Relations Coordinator who is devoted to delivering the absolute best outcomes for our local, regional, and national clients. This person is responsible for supporting the public relations team with the successful oversight and completion of assigned tasks with the ability to think beyond the expected. The Public Relations Coordinator must have exceptional writing skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks without ever missing a deadline; someone who has an ambitious mindset to help us to amazing work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft content and copy for interactive social media, email marketing and integrated marketing campaigns
- Strategize on and develop Gavin social media content with other PR staff
- Coordinate and oversee specific campaigns or campaign elements under supervision and guidance from senior staff
- Monitor media coverage for public relations clients at a local, regional, and national level, including trade publications
- Support senior staff in public relations efforts for various clients, including drafting media releases and byline opportunities, and compiling, maintaining, and organizing all public relations materials for campaigns and events
- Identify opportunities in various media for clients in industries primarily in healthcare, education, and finance
- Develop pitch calendars and brainstorm reactive pitch opportunities
- Collaborate with and support senior staff and internal cross-functional teams on various projects, including PR, digital, creative, and integrated projects
- Copywriting, editing and proofing
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors to gather quotes, materials, samples, and proofs as needed; assist senior staff on such duties as requested
- Assist senior staff with day-to=day project management and communicate directly with clients on project updates as appropriate.
- Assist with intern training
- Proactively communicate status, issues and opportunities to the senior marketing and public relations team
- Coordinate corporate advertising, marketing plan schedules and client meetings
- Contribute to weekly staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing preferred but not required
- Three years of relevant work experience; agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing and communication skills across platforms
- Proficient with MS Office; demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Possess the ability to create strong partnerships throughout the organization; promote a team culture of exceptional internal customer service and problem solving
- Willingness to learn new technology and support internal cross-functional team members on various projects
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.