Paid Internship 16-20 Hours Per Week
Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service boutique branding and communications agency located in Central PA. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We are looking for a Public Relations Intern who is hardworking, smart, responsive, have superior writing skills and a desire to raise the bar at all times. The Intern should be detail-oriented, manage multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in media list development
- Develop written content (press releases, Q&As, media pitch letters, social media, etc.)
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions
- Conduct limited media outreach
- Willingness to learn and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of pop culture, trending topics and the changing digital world of media
- Willingness to tackle new technology
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to convey messages clearly, courteous manner via email and telephone
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Expanded, highly desirable public relations skill set
- Expanded work portfolio
- Work on real-world marketing efforts
- Hands-on experience
- Friendly and fun work environment
- Gain an understanding of how a marketing agency works
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one relevant work sample to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.
Job Type: Internship