Who We Are
Gavin™ is an award-winning boutique brand communications agency, with robust public relations services serving clients regionally and nationally. We strive to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to feel fulfilled, creative and part of something bigger. Our team is built on a “We Culture” philosophy – meaning we work as a team, we solve problems together, we nurture great talent and leadership skills, and we build the team we want to share success with for the long term. Your role in our business is essential to our success.
We are a team of 25+, serving clients in healthcare, education, government and consumer goods and services.
Our offices are headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Director come to the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional and national media and communications.
We encourage growth within. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team. This position has the ability to advance into the executive suite with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success.
Your Role at Gavin
The Public Relations Director is a key teammate. They manage and oversee all organizational aspects within the public relations department, including a growing team of public relations professionals. This role will oversee assigned marketing and communications accounts to deliver comprehensive strategies for our clients. The Public Relations Director leads and manages account teams, guiding all client media and communications strategies and implementation. Gavin’s public relations team is made up of account directors, project managers, media relations specialists and coordinators that help our clients navigate complex markets, media relationships, crises and brand messaging to achieve desired outcomes.
This person should have excellent critical thinking skills, superb attention to detail, masterful communications skills, deep media relations experience and a commitment to remaining relevant to the changing media landscape while collaborating with a fully integrated account services team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead strategic public relations counsel guiding clients through complex media circumstances, crises, marketing challenges and target audience engagement
- Identify public relations and communications key priorities/deliverables for clients with clearly defined performance expectations
- Ability to craft and guide team in developing comprehensive communications strategies and ensuring precise execution of developed plans
- Superior understanding of client brand strategy and understanding the lens of every target audience to deliver relevant market messages through various media channels
- Successfully implement both internal and external communications strategies for clients
- Actively direct public relations team on strategically pitching regional and national media to place key media placements supporting accounts’ strategies and outcomes
- Direct and develop all communications strategies, inclusive of messaging, speaking points and speech writing for clients
- Ensures superior quality of team performance by continually staying ahead of the demands of the industry and media trends
- Manage client public relations and communications expectations and performance reporting, while guiding direct report media relations team to advance skillset to scale agency growth
- Reports to President/CEO on departmental growth, strategy and client services, collaboratively striving to advance the agency’s growth plans
- Keen sense of potential issues or crises in clients’ markets, proactively advising clients’ strategies to mitigate risks and outcomes to protect our clients’ brands
- Broad understanding
- Ability to speak to clients’ industries, tracking high level market trends and maintaining a constant understanding of opportunities and shifts impacting our clients’ businesses
- Ability to build and maintain strong client trust and relationships
- Develop new business public relations proposals and work with integrated teams on comprehensive new business efforts
- Represent agency to key industry media to raise agency profile and attract clients to our doorstep
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations/communications or related field
- Minimum 7 years progressive public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Team management experience required
- Superior presentation skills
- Public relations and marketing experience with education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial and government sectors a plus
- Exemplary writing (AP style), editing, proofing, listening and verbal communications skills
- Possesses motivational abilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; remains calm under pressure; leads by example
- Proven media relations skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in local, regional and national trade and consumer media placements
- Strong understanding of new media, inclusive of social media, performance metrics, and digital marketing that compliments all communications efforts
- Experience in crisis communications and crisis management
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one relevant work sample to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.