The Account Director – Public Relations manages and oversees all organizational aspects within the public relations department, as well as assigned marketing and communications projects to ensure they are completed on-time and within budget. The Account Director – Public Relations contributes to strategy and implementation in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team. This role is responsible for leading the public relations team in delivering the absolute best strategic outcomes through public relations, marketing and integrated marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes departmental/team effectiveness; develops organizational and efficient workflow initiatives; manages those initiatives accordingly
- Maintain strong relationships with each assigned client; closely align with internal clients to provide top- notch customer service
- Leads assigned accounts and client relations
- Oversees various clients, including managing support team members to manage all public relations and marketing projects.
- Works with the CEO/President in developing strategic direction on assigned accounts
- Works with the CEO/President on brand strategy for assigned accounts
- Actively contributes to crisis communications efforts for clients, including but not limited to media relations, pitching, developing speaking points
- Develops goals and objectives for all subordinate staff
- Supervise and mentor staff; conduct performance reviews
- Reviews and ensures quality controls and performance tracking
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with agency team members
- Ensures client commitments are fulfilled on time
- Leads and ensures that the public relations team effectively manages approved client budgets
- Develop marketing and advertising campaigns/plans across various multi-media platforms
- Contributes to new business efforts; generates new ideas and ways to upsell clients as appropriate
- Networks on behalf of the agency to build market awareness
- Ensures agency work and team efforts meet and exceed client goals and objectives
- Conducts annual agency reviews with clients
- Manage all communication with the client and the Gavin internal team, keeping all parties in the loop
- Assists with proposal development, as needed
- Assists in new business pitches, as needed
- Prepares team for presentations and organizes materials; assist with client presentations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing required
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience specific to media relations, client relations and brand communications management
- Agency experience and proven track record leading accounts
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and grow multiple accounts
- Experience managing teams of 3 or more
- Ability to manage monthly income projections, client budgets and team sales forecasts
- Strong writing experience and communication skills across multi-media platforms
- Proven track record in project management
- Demonstrated ability to nurture client relationships
- Must possess the ability to be solution -oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain organizational processes in order to meet departmental objectives efficiently
- Stellar public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to juggle many moving parts under aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
Gavin offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.
Job Type: Full-time